Thursday 8 April 2021

Project Backlog, Part 9

Silver Tower: the Final Trial


Yes, you have counted right... that's 18 models painted in less than two weeks! When the release date for Cursed City was confirmed on March 27, I challenged myself to have my copy of Silver Tower fully painted before April 10. Luckly, I was on holiday from the university, and with no teaching to do, I had plenty of spare hobby time.


The Darkoath Chieftain was the last adventurer left to paint. For him, I went for a classic Chaos palette of reds, metals and browns, but kept the black for the warpaint only. And credit must be given to the source of inspiration... the mighty Arnie in 'Conan the Barbarian'.


The second group of Kairic Acolytes, which I call the Blue Coven, are painted in the same palette as the previous group, but swapping the position of the blue and purple on their armour and clothes. Again, I've squeezed in a minor conversion, by swapping the pointing hand of the Acolyte with glaive for the hand holding the flaming skull, again from the Cities of Sigmar Battlemage kit.


I've used the same palette for the Gaunt Summoner as well, but kept the purple and blue areas roughly of the same size, so that neither is dominant. The skin, of course, is considerably paler than that of the Acolytes. His base was decorated using cuts of cardboard, a skull and textured paint, like I did for the Ogroid Thamaturge.


The Blue Horrors and the Grotling Scuttlers were painted in their respective canonical schemes: bright blue for the Horrors, black clothes and touches of red for the Scuttlers.


Now, I'm on a tight budget at the moment, so couldn't buy Cursed City. Hopefully, it will be back in the not so distant future. In the meantime, I've still plenty of sprues in my Pile of Shame to keep me busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment