Sunday 21 March 2021

Project Backlog, Part 7

Silver Tower: the Knight and the Daemons

Knights-Questor have vowed to stand as shields between the denizens of the Mortal Realms and the depredations of Chaos. It falls to these heroes to undertake great quests in Sigmar's name. They adventure across the Realms and beyond to slay terrible enemies or recover arcane artefacts whose power can turn the tides of war.


Gibbering with lunatic energy, the luminescent Pink Horrors whirl and flail, generating raw magic that can manifest as blasts of unnatural fire that scour the enemy. Should they be slain, Horrors split in twain to form two lesser incarnations.


Work on my backlog progresses at pace, even if I couldn't blog about it for a couple of weeks.
I have to be honest and admit that Stormcast Eternals are not among my favourite models, in fact that's the first ever I've painted. Since I don't expect to use it much outside Silver Tower games, I didn't bother converting it, but I took it as a chance to test my yellow painting skills. We all know it is a difficult colour, and if the results were not particularly great I wouldn't have regreted the choice as I don't really care for the model.


In the end, it was my best effort at using yellow as the main colour on a model, so a win on all fronts! I stuck to the canonical distribution of colours on Stormcast, with the shield field, right shoulder pauldron, knee pads, mantle and helmet in a contrasting colour, picking black. Red on the tabard and plume and the metalic details complement both yellow and black. As I have no 40mm Shattered Dominion bases, but wanted to keep the model in line with the others, I used the topper from the limited edition Grombrindal the Vampireslayer which I had sitting on the bits box.


The Pink Horrors too are unconverted and painted canonically, although in a slightly darker pink than the Heavy Metal's one.


I actually wantred to convert one to represent the Librarian, the boss of the first Silver Tower trial. I was sure there still were the Plague Monk hands holding a book and a scroll in the bits box, but they were all gone. The only book I could find was that from the Cities of Sigmar Battlemage. Because it is held in the right hand and I didn't want to loose the Horror's dagger, I clipped the hand off and glued the book to the base. This way, it matches the art on the Library tile, which has all kind of books and torn pages scattered on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment