Saturday 13 February 2021

Project Backlog, Part 3

Aenur, Sword of Twilight

Some say Aenur comes from the Celestial Realm, from one of the fabled White Towers, and that he is a Loremaster of the legendary Eldritch Council. Others claim that he is a Dreadlord in exile. Aenur himself says little about his past and those who are wise do not question him.


Like most hobby veterans, I was extremely excited, back in November 1999, when that month issue of White Dwarf announced the launch of Mordheim. To make things even better, the issue came with a give away: Aenur, Sword of Twilight, one of the Dramatis Personae fighting in the City of the Damned.
Either me or one of my brothers had given a go at painting it. I can't remember who, but the results must have been disappointing as when I fished it out of the backlog box I noticed there were still traces of stripped off paint on it.


This is the first model I've painted using only Contrast Paints for the non-metalic base colours, and I've to say I'm really pleased with them! After some highlights, I weathered his cloack and boots using watered down Typhus Corrosion, followed by a drybrush of Karak Stone when there were still some wet areas in the creases.
I have to say, it is satisfying to see a model painted after 21 years of neglect! And you know what? He might even soon see some action in the Hinterlands of the Mortal Realms.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, I have some staring at me in my lead pile at the moment as well. Some day I will get around to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Looking forward to see yours... some day!

    ReplyDelete