Sunday 16 June 2019

Tor Megiddo: Ferrugo Pass, Part 5

GH-0u1, finished

We're approaching the point in the campaign when our warbands will fight in Ferrugo Pass proper and, despite a hundred or so student essays to mark, I've been able to finish the models I'm contributing for that campaign chapter.


Servitor GH-0u1 has been painted mostly in black, to match the dark palette of Saul's Rustmen, but I also used the yellow and red found on my Purebred as spot colours. The hair is painted in a metallic green, as if it was broken cables. The same metallic green is also used for the cabling on the body.


The caked blood on GH-0u1's claw is Blood for the Blood God over Typhus Corrosion.


Unlike the Rustmen, which have sat immobile for a very long time, GH-0u1 has kept moving around Ferrugo Pass. That's why I didn't want it too be too dirty, hence the moderate and pretty basic weathering: stippled Typhus Corrosion and a very light drybrush of Ryza Rust.


Since our Tor Megiddo terrain mostly represents the settlements dotted around the planet, we needed more natural features to represent Ferrugo Pass. Therefore, I carved some polysterene to represent large boulders.


They were then coated in home-made texture paint. I do my texture paint according to this recipe:

-1 part talco
-2 parts PVA glue
-a pinch of sand

They were then sprayed black, drybrushed Dawnstone, washed Nuln Oil and wheathered exactly like GH-0u1.


The escape pod had been in my to-do pile for a while, so I just threw it in. It is stippled in browns, oranges and metals.
Everything is now ready for the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment