Wednesday 5 October 2022

Inqtober Day 5: Mercenary Scum

Tor Megiddo: The Wanderer

They call themselves Wanderers. Tribeless Yaike Yaike, outcast Golden Spirers, rogue Flesh Barons. Dogs without a master. Drifting through Tor Megiddo ash wastes and blasted badlands, just like another meaningless grain of red sand. Scraping a living through the work of their blades and guns, through morcels of knowledge of man and machine bodies. Killing and fixing, as asked by those that toss them a bone. But that is good for them. They live, they fight, they have no master. For that is all that matters on the Red Sands of Tor Megiddo.


I normally don't join painting and modelling challenges or invitationals, for the simple reason that I can never really meet the deadlines. This year, however, I have some models built but laying unpainted on my hobby desk. When the Inqtober22 prompt list was released I saw they could fit in and that motivated me to paint them.


The first is this Mercenary Scum I built around the front body of a Chaos Warrior and that I will use for Tor Megiddo games, if we ever get back to that setting.


I trimmed away the fur and claws decorating the shoulders and then glued the back of a Space Marine vehicle gunner to complete the torso. The arms with bolter are from the Space Marine scouts while the head is from the Genestealer Cult accessory sprues. From the same sprue I took two daggers with grenades and used them to hide the sides of the gap between the Chaos Warrior legs and the Space Marine back. To hide the central part of that gap, I used the track links from an Imperial vehicle, worn as if additional armour plating.


Since he is not a Purebred but a tribeless mercenary, I totally avoided the red I used on them and kept the yellow only on the bandana and the black on the boots, gloves and fatigue arms.


The rest of the model is painted in worn and dusty metal, with some touches of green on the cables, granades and gogle lenses to further distinguish him from the Purebred.

No comments:

Post a Comment