Thursday 21 May 2020

Dark Skies Over the Harrowmark, Part 2

Peker's Haven, WIP


As planned, I've painted the base and built the top of Peker's Haven.


For the base, I've matched the mossy grey and hearty brown palette of Saul's terrains, although my browns are darker than his, and added a touch of green for the foliage hanging from the island. I've also added a further link to the rest of the Harrowmark by writing the names of its two main settlements on the roadsign.


I've hidden the four supports by stretching cotton balls, soaked in a diluted mixture of PVA and grey paint, around them. Once the glue was cured, I drydrushed the cotton with lighter greys, completingthe look of the fog bank.


After painting the details on the sentry box I've added ladders made with string and pieces of toothpicks, again soaked in diluted PVA glue. They'll be painted together with the top of the island.


The top of the island is a base of foamcard of the exact same shape as the one used for the rocky bottom. The jetties are made of skewers and coffee stirrers. On it, I've created a number of small vignettes, using all sorts of bits from the Walls & Fences set, Ogor and old Empire kits, some random skulls, the menhir held by the Gargant and a few slate chips.


The walls and roof of the tower are made of cardboard supported by the last few bits from the Mordheim houses I still had in the bits box. It was then decorated with bits from the more recent, but equally out of production, Empire buildings. The tiles on the corners of the roof are pieces of cocktail straws cut in half.


Once painted, it will be glued on top of the other part. Sooo looking forward to see it coming together!

1 comment: