Sunday 24 March 2019

The Void Phoenixes, Part 1

Yrule Vivithrax paused in front of the long sealed Webway portal. It was a minor one, leading from a disused spar of the Webway into the Sprawls of Low Commorragh. As a Drachon of the Obsidian Rose, he had used it often to smuggle the peerless weapons produced in his Kabal's workshops. Should Overmistress Khromys had found out about his dealings, retribution would have been terrible. But that was another life. The one he lived before being Reborn in Ynnead. And in the Whispering God's name, he was now returning to Commorragh. He turned to his brothers and sisters. Some, like him, were eager to see the Shadow City again. Others, had never set foot in it. All were ready to bring the hope of the Seventh Way to the wretches of Low Commorragh. And they knew that in the lawless Sprawls, they would have had to fight before anyone listened to them.


When Fracture of Biel-Tan was released, I immediately loved the idea of mixed Aeldari forces fighting in the name of a god of death. In my mind I'd started planning conversions mixing all possible Aeldari and Aelfs kits, trying to figure out a way to have models that would fit nicely alongside the Visarch. All ideas, however, fell short of matching the archaic style of his armour. Until the Bloodbowl Elven Union team was released. That happened roughly at the same time as with my gaming buddies we started talking about a campaign in the Shadows of Commorragh. Then, with the release of Kill Team, we were completely sold on the idea. I got a Elven Union team and raided our bits box of all Aeldari and Aelfs bits. Most bits were Asuryani ones, but there were also some Drukhari and Dark Elves ones. That worked fine, as I could then have a WYSIWYG Asuryani Kill Team I could take to events.



In the bits box there were also Asuryani heavy weapons and bits from 40k vehicles and AoS chariots that allowed me to build a Weapon Platform from scratch.


For the colour scheme, I settled on the red, black and white scheme of the most devoted Ynnari, keeping blue, green and gold for the spot colours, as shown on Fracture of Biel-Tan.


As I was painting the models, we decided to postpone Shadows of Commorragh, which drained some of the creative juice away. So, I've not yet worked the fluff for each model. However, as I have another six to build once we get closer to play the campaign, I'm sure the narrative will start to flow again. For now, enjoy the painted models.

No comments:

Post a Comment